We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. In particular, we want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. We have provided lots of detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
1. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA.
Essex Ghost Hunters uses your personal data:
- to provide goods to you (ticket purchases);
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details: postal address including billing addresses, telephone numbers and email address;
- purchases made by you;
- your online browsing activities on our website;
- your password (encrypted - we can't see it);
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your location (through browsing activity);
- your correspondence and communications with us; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
3. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA.
Essex Ghost Hunters is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all systems and databases which hold personal information;
- secure SSL serving of website; and
- security controls which protect the entire infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
4. YOUR RIGHTS.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
5. THIRD PARTY SITES.
Essex Ghost Hunters uses third party sites to process payments and contact you (with your permission). Our payment processor is Stripe, who handle the payment between your bank and ours. Card details are securely sent to Stripe who verify information with your bank and process the payment, they record your transaction and card information (a common practice). We cannot see your card details. To send our newsletters and event information emails we use Mailchimp, who store email addresses, which can be removed at your request.