Events > Gressenhall
|When: July 25, 2020 from 8:30PM to July 26, 2020 1:30AM|
|Tickets Available: 21|
Do you fancy joining us as we investigate Gressenhall?
The Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse museum is located here, and a watermill` dating from 1847. The main buildings of the Gressenhall workhouse were built in 1777 when it was a house of industry. Here paupers would work under quite a strict regime in return for accommodation.
This changed after the Poor Law Amendment Act of 1834: as a result the building underwent numerous changes to comply with the Act. The workhouse was a poor law institution. Its purpose was to provide a home and work for the poor local people who had nowhere to live. Gressenhall was constructed in 1776 and took one year to open.
Gressenhall has a post office, a pub (The Swan) and a church (St Mary's).
So if you fancy joining book your tickets now.
Your ghost hunt includes:
• Tour of the venue
• Vigils throughout the location working in small groups
• Spirit board experiments
• Use of ghost hunting equipment including Dowsing Rods & EMF Meters
• Refreshments throughout
Join Essex Ghost Hunters as we venture around this fantastic venue in search of the ghosts that haunt it.
We run ghost hunting events across Essex and the surrounding counties. Our aim is to provide a great experience, showing how spirits can communicate with us, learning their stories and having an enjoyable time. We charge a minimum and only aim to cover costs and services. Your experience you have and your company will be truly valued by us.
You will be joining an experienced team with at least two mediums, who rarely get information incorrect. Every ghost hunt starts with the history of the location and the group is then split into teams, you will have the chance to participate in activities like; Séances, Vigils, EVP experiments and use our equipment; K2 EMF meters, ghost communicators, Dowsing rods, thermometer readers, Pendulums.
Please note that all attendees are required to be over the age of 18. See the Event Terms and Conditions.
1. Click "Purchase" on the event page.
2. Log into your account. If you previously purchased tickets, you can login with the same details; if you haven't you can simply register.
3. Return to the event page and enter your desired number of tickets.
4. Pay via your credit or debit card.
5. After payment you will receive a confirmation email with your ticket information, you must bring this with you to the event.
If you would like to purchase more tickets after, you can do so by logging into your account again. You will be sent a separate confirmation email.